구글 번역시스템을 이용하여 자동 번역중입니다. 번역이 정확하지 않을 경우가 있습니다.
It is under automatic translation using Google translation system. The result may not be accurate.
Gangju Lotus Pond was originally Gangju Base.
According to Jinyangji, Ha Ryun (1347-1416) wrote in the Records of Chokseongnu: "In the fall of 1379, Bae Geukryeom (1355-1392) camped there and ordered his men to build Chokseongseong Castle with stones but the Japanese army laid siege before they completed the construction". This shows that it was a military base during the end of the Goryeo Dynasty (1379), as well as the place of origin of today's Jinjuseong Fortress.
No information is available as to when the Gangju Lotus Pond was formed but its banks are covered with 500~600 years old trees and the Fringe Trees around the pond are told to be imported from China. Thus the pond area is an important place in Jinju's history. The pond bank is covered with old trees and flowers that bloom fully in summer, attracting many tourists and students. Especially, it is loved by citizens as an educational space, a resting area and natural setting ever since it was re-constructed as an ecological park in 2004.